Back in November, I proclaimed that I was bringing back my monthly to do lists like I used to do for my wedding. It was a great way for me to focus on just a few things for the month so I could stay on track and not feel so overwhelmed. I also hoped it would cure my compulsion to start projects and never finish them. I did manage to accomplish one of the three goals for November- cleaning up the basement. The other two- not so much. I didn't end up updating and creating a list for December. It would have went something like "finish all the handmade presents you thought were a good idea until it's the week before Christmas and you have a bunch to finish still...".
I did want to bring it back for January and the new year though. It will hopefully help keep me on track and it will also serve as the post to announce my new skill or activity I want to try for the month (as discussed in my new years resolutions post). So without drawing this on any longer- here are my goals for the month.
1. Redesign the blog. I announced this in Monday's post already. It's time for a face lift... if I can figure this whole web design thing out anyways.
2. Get the shower tile ready. I also want to add "and start tiling" but I'll set the goal low so I can hopefully get there. We finished all the plumbing in November and even got one sheet of tile backer board and one small piece of drywall up (before having a heated argument and stopping- haha). Hopefully over the course of the month, we can get the rest of the boards on. We picked up our tile a couple weekends ago and it's just sitting ready to be installed in the garage... I can't wait!
3. Continue working to complete our gallery wall - complete one painting. I realized finishing the gallery wall in one month was too much for me. There are at least 3 or 4 custom art pieces I want to paint and/or design so maybe one of them a month is enough.
4. Tie up all the loose ends in our bedroom. We have a painting just sitting on a dresser. There is a mirror sitting on the floor waiting to be hung. Our headboard is just sandwiched between the wall and our mattresses and needs to be attached to our bed frame. I bought new knobs for our night stands but have yet to put them on. I need to just get on these things already.
5. Complete the soup mugs for my parents. I planned on making them custom soup mugs for Christmas and even purchased the mugs and designed them but since I contracted the plague and was down and out for the week before Christmas, it just didn't happen. Thankfully they understood since they were also victims to the flu. I need to do this in January or I fear that they will sit incomplete until next Christmas... I'm not kidding. I work best with a deadline.
That is more than enough to keep me busy! What are you guys working on in January?