The first step was to create 12 ideas. It wasn't as hard to come up with them as I had thought it might be so that was a pleasant surprise. I kept them simple and affordable (since we are planning and budgeting for a wedding after all!). They included:
- Nice dinner out with gift certificates to do so
- Movie night out with gift certificate to do so
- Going to see a sports game
- Going to see Cirque du Soleil (we saw one a few years back and loved it!)
- Going to a Medieval Times dinner and show
- Packing a picnic and heading to the beach with Jixer
- Ice cream shop and walk around a local park with Jixer
- Mini Putt and go karting
- Nice dinner at home and a movie night
- Dinner out and then a walk through a park to see the Christmas lights
- And for July- let's get married and honeymoon somewhere (kept it simple- it will be a busy month!)
Then I packaged them in an envelope and simply labelled each with the month it was for with different coloured markers. Then I wrote a quick little note detailing the idea behind the date nights so he would know what the envelopes were for.
Then I put all the envelopes in a stack with the note wrapped around it and secured it all with a rubber band. It was pretty quick and easy. I am looking forward to him opening it and then getting these fun nights underway!