Thursday, 22 December 2011

Date Nights

A couple weeks ago, I posted about stocking stuffers. In that post, I talked about an idea for stuffing Shayne's stocking with date nights- creating one date idea for each month for us through the year. I completed this and it's all ready for his stocking. I just wanted to share a few details about it in case any one else was considering doing something similar.

The first step was to create 12 ideas. It wasn't as hard to come up with them as I had thought it might be so that was a pleasant surprise. I kept them simple and affordable (since we are planning and budgeting for a wedding after all!). They included:
  • Nice dinner out with gift certificates to do so
  • Movie night out with gift certificate to do so
  • Going to see a sports game
  • Going to see Cirque du Soleil (we saw one a few years back and loved it!)
  • Going to a Medieval Times dinner and show
  • Packing a picnic and heading to the beach with Jixer
  • Ice cream shop and walk around a local park with Jixer
  • Bowling
  • Mini Putt and go karting
  • Nice dinner at home and a movie night
  • Dinner out and then a walk through a park to see the Christmas lights
  • And for July- let's get married and honeymoon somewhere (kept it simple- it will be a busy month!)
Once I had my ideas figured out, I created some small certificates to place in envelopes labelled with each month. I just created these in Powerpoint, three to a page, and then cut them apart.

PC150873


Then I packaged them in an envelope and simply labelled each with the month it was for with different coloured markers. Then I wrote a quick little note detailing the idea behind the date nights so he would know what the envelopes were for.

PC150874


Then I put all the envelopes in a stack with the note wrapped around it and secured it all with a rubber band. It was pretty quick and easy. I am looking forward to him opening it and then getting these fun nights underway!

12 comments:

  1. It turned out great! I love the certificates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute gift! I may do something like this for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a nice simple idea, and it's so easy, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea! This gives you something to look forward to every month. I'm with Ashley, I'm totally doing this for Valentine's Day =)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ainhoa @ALittleBite Thanks! I love the certificates too- colour and images just make it that much more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Kelly @ Corner of Main Yes- I love the looking forward to something part. Plus- it makes Christmas gifts last all year long! It's a great idea for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable. Is that your handwriting??? If it is, I'm super jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. REally cute idea! I did this for my hubby this year, but didn't put ideas in envelopes - that is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Kristen @ Popcorn on the Stove Yes that is my handwriting. Thanks! I don't really think much of it- I always love other people's though. I think it's one of those grass is always greener things.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @InteriorGroupie Thanks! How did you package it all then? I saw it on Pinterest in envelopes so I can't take credit for that idea. It is nice that they are sealed up though- Shayne still doesn't know what the dates for february and on are- he only gets to open them on the first of each month!

    ReplyDelete

Let's chat! Please leave a comment while you're here- getting them makes my day!

09 10